Communications and Development Internship
WTTW11 and 98.7WFMT offer an exciting internship opportunity for hands-on experience in strategic fundraising for both TV and radio programs, as well as special events.
Communications and Development
- Intern should be available 16 hours a week.
- The length of the internship is negotiable however the intern must stay for the length of a semester or summer.
- This is an unpaid internship.
- Open to graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited college or university, or who have graduated within 12 months of beginning the internship.
- We will work with schools for student interns receiving credit, but receiving credit is not required.
This intern position is ideal for a self-motivated, knowledgeable students interested in fundraising, marketing, and communications. Intern must have excellent writing and research skills and should be able to communicate in a team setting. All qualified candidates must be focused and comfortable with seeing long-term projects through to completion.
- Assist the Corporate Communications and Development team with research of potential corporate sponsors of special events, as well as radio and television programs on WFMT and WTTW.
- Assist in strategizing ways of securing corporate support.
- Assist the WTTW/WFMT Communications Team in gathering and sharing materials for TV, radio, web, and print promotions for the special events and broadcast projects.
- Help writing press releases.
- Assist with the tracking of sponsorships and benefits due corporate sponsors.
Interested students should email their resume and cover letter expressing their qualifications and interest in the internship to: email@example.com. Please reference "Corporate Communications/Development Internship/Attn: Elliott Teller" in subject line of all correspondence to ensure proper routing.
Candidates may also fax their resume to (773) 509-5309 or mail to:
Window to the World Communications, Inc.
Attn: Elliott Teller
5400 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Candidates who are believed to be a good match will then be invited to complete an application and come in for an interview.