WTTW11 Golden Apple Awards Internship
The Golden Apple Awards honoring Excellence in Teaching has been a yearly mainstay of WTTW’s commitment to community and its mission. The hour-long show is a live-to-tape awards presentation in front of an audience and involves coordinating pre-recorded and pre-rehearsed elements with an event.
Local TV Production
- A student must be a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student in good standing at an accredited college or university. Recent graduates are also eligible within the first 12 months of graduation.
- This is an unpaid internship.
- Interns should have excellent communication skills, be proficient on a computer, resourceful, mature and professional.
- Knowledge of TV production is helpful but not required.
- Interns should be available 20 hours per week
- Learning opportunities include:
- Help producer with the creation of video profiles of the 10 teachers chosen for this honor
- Assist with scheduling on-camera interviews and rehearsals with the teachers
- Assist in supporting the live event elements
- Learn about a live taping and the creation of short video profiles
- Will be prepped to supervise volunteers for the actual event taping
Interested students should email their resume and cover letter expressing their qualifications and interest in the internship to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference "Golden Apple Awards Internship/Attn: Dan Andries" in subject line of all correspondence to ensure proper routing.
In your cover letter please explain why you would like an internship at WTTW11, what you expect to learn, and how your career goals might relate to the internship offered at WTTW11. Make sure to include any completed broadcast-related courses you have taken, as well as any media experience including campus radio, TV, newspaper or multimedia.
Candidates may also fax their resume to (773) 509-5309 or mail to:
Attn: Dan Andries
5400 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Candidates who are believed to be a good match will then be invited to complete an application and come in for an interview.