REPORTS TO: Development Manager
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years experience working in a development/fundraising office. Desired candidate will also have experience communicating with clients and/or donors, as well as working in a team oriented setting, with proven project management & event planning experience. Administrative/operations experience is also helpful.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Candidate must have a positive and team-oriented attitude. They must be detail oriented and possess outstanding organizational skills. Candidate must also demonstrate time management and problem solving skills, along with the ability to troubleshoot. The ability to maintain accuracy and productivity in times of high-pressure is crucial. An understanding of development and donor relationships is desired. Use and understanding of relational databases (Team Approach & FileMaker Pro), as well as Microsoft Word & Excel, is helpful. Strong written and verbal communication skills are also required.
JOB PURPOSE: Support fundraising revenue for WTTW|WFMT through the coordination of development activities, particularly the WFMT Fine Arts Circle annual fund and WFMT on-air membership drives.
- Support WFMT on-air membership drives and the WFMT annual fund through the following duties:
- Lead the WFMT volunteer program, including securing new volunteers, leading new volunteer orientations, and scheduling pledge drive volunteers.
- Solicit donations and steward local restaurants for all meal donations during pledge drives.
- Manage the solicitation, organization, and distribution of tickets from Chicago arts organizations for donors during pledge drives.
- Assist with solicitation, organization, and distribution of gift certificates, and prizes to WFMT donors.
- Write on-air copy and messaging.
- Assist with thank-you gift research and selection with WFMT pledge committee.
- Draft, and coordinate mailings of approximately 5,000 basic membership renewal solicitations and gift acknowledgement letters monthly.
- Solicit, procure and create monthly WFMT member benefit offers from arts organizations, restaurants, museums, and businesses both in the WTTW|WFMT guide and online.
- Coordinate planning and logistics of WFMT|WTTW special events as needed. Participate in events regularly.
- Craft all communication, events, and stewardship of WFMT sustaining members.
- Other duties as assigned.