Internships in the WTTW licensing department offer college students the opportunity to explore the "business side" of the media industry while providing meaningful and practical experience.
The licensing department obtains the necessary rights, clearances and licenses for copyrighted elements (music, video, photos, etc.) used in WTTW original productions. The department is also responsible for licensing WTTW content (video clips, audio, photos, etc.) to outside productions. We license content for use in all kinds of media including movies, TV shows, commercials, exhibits, corporate videos, documentaries and more.
Qualified candidates must be registered students earning college or university credit for participating in the internship. Please note that this is an unpaid internship.
Late October through December (dates and total hours are flexible depending on college schedule)
- Research footage requests through various resources including database, tape library and production logs.
- Maintain archive database by screening and logging program and b-roll footage.
- Assist in the administration of license requests.
- Maintain organized records and files.
- Interest in business and legal aspect of media industry.
- Interest in music publishing business.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Computer skills: Access, Word, Excel, Internet, etc.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, fax them to (773) 509-5307.