POSITION: WTTW/WFMT Development Internship, Major Gifts
Thank you for your interest in becoming an intern at WTTW/WFMT.This internship is primarily focused on learning about major gifts fundraising for special projects from both individual and corporate prospects. However, this intern will gain exposure to the many different facets of the world of fundraising including Production Underwriting and Foundations.
- WTTW/WFMT offers internships year-round. Length of internship and hours per week are negotiable, but we prefer that an intern be able to spend at least three days per week in the office.
- This is an unpaid internship. WTTW/WFMT will work with schools for student interns receiving credit, but receiving credit is not required.
- A student must be a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student in good standing at an accredited college or university. Recent graduates are also eligible within the first 12 months of graduation.
- Interns at WTTW/WFMT are assigned an internship coordinator who will work with you to structure the internship to help you develop the skills in your chosen area. Our internships are very flexible and allow for a wide range of experiences. However, we’d prefer interns that are open to working on research projects.
Students of any major are encouraged to apply, but an interest in the arts is helpful. Both good written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are research skills and an interest in development. Interest in fund raising would also be helpful.
Possible learning opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching new and existing individual donors and prospects for cultivation and fundraising
- Researching new and existing corporate donors and prospects for cultivation and fundraising
- Creating promotional collateral and updating materials for special project solicitations
- Assisting with sponsor recognition and benefit fulfillment
- Participating in the gift acknowledgement process
- Assist the planning and execution of fundraising and donor events
Interested students should email their resume and cover letter expressing their qualifications and interest in the internship to: email@example.com. Please reference "WTTW/WFMT Development Internship/Attn: Yusef Garcia" in subject line of all correspondence to ensure proper routing.
Candidates may also fax their resume to (773) 509-5305 or mail to:
Attn: Yusef Garcia
Manager, Corporate Relations & Special Events
5400 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Candidates who are believed to be a good match will then be invited to complete an application and come in for an interview.