POSITION: WTTW Broadcast Traffic Internship
Thank you for your interest in becoming an intern at WTTW. This program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to explore the fundamentals of the Broadcast Television Traffic functions while providing a meaningful and valuable learning experience.
- WTTW offers internships year-round. The term of the internship is generally based on the academic calendar of the student's school.
- We will work with schools for student interns receiving credit but receiving credit is not required.
- This is an unpaid internship.
- Length of the internship and schedules are flexible, but a minimum of 15 hours per week is required.
To be eligible for this internship:
- A student must be a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student in good standing at an accredited college or university.
- Attention to detail is essential to this position and an awareness of PBS programming is also very helpful.
- Students from any major are encouraged to apply, but knowledge of some aspects of television broadcasting and an innate organizational skill is recommended.
Learning opportunities include, editing daily logs for Channel 11 and 11 Prime, creating program ingest lists, compiling archive lists for 11.1 and Prime programming, and editing the Nielsen programming lists. The staff of the WTTW Broadcasting Department will make every effort to work with the selected candidate to establish learning objectives for the intern, based upon his/her interest and desired skills.
Interested students should email their resume and cover letter expressing their qualifications and interest in the internship to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference "WTTW Broadcast Traffic Internship/Attn: Carolyn Giacomin" in subject line of all correspondence to ensure proper routing.
Candidates may also fax their resume to (773) 583-3046 or mail to:
Window to the World Communications, Inc.
Attn: Carolyn Giacomin
5400 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Candidates who are believed to be a good match will then be invited to complete an application and come in for an interview.