Viewer's Choice Awards Official Rules
This promotion is intended for participation in the 50 United States or Washington DC only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the 50 United States or Washington DC. Please do not proceed if you are not located in the 50 United States or Washington DC at time of entry. Void where prohibited. The Viewer’s Choice Awards and Drawinge ("Drawing") is sponsored by Window to the World Communications, Inc., licensee of WTTW11 ("Sponsor"), 5400 N. Saint Louis Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60625.
- Drawing is open only to individuals who are legal residents of, and physically residing in, the United States or the District of Columbia and who are 18 years of age or older on the date of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of Window to the World Communications, Inc., its officers and directors, persons who are immediate family members of such employees, officers and directors and employees of prize donors are not eligible to enter or purchase a Drawing ticket.
- To be eligible for the Prize, you must enter online by 11:59 pm Central Time on Sunday, February 16, 2014. Sponsor's computer will serve as the official time keeping device for the Drawing. No limit to the number of entries that may be obtained per household. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, damaged, misdirected entries or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, errors in Drawing materials including, without limitation, these Official Rules, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment or software or any combination thereof, inability to access web sites, damages to a user's computer system (hardware and software) due to participation in this Drawing or any other problem or error that may occur. By entering this Drawing, entrants agree to these Official Rules and waive any ambiguity related thereto.
- Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitution or cash redemptions for non-cash prizes, unless so stated in the Official Rules. All federal, state and local taxes, if applicable, are the winner's sole responsibility. The value of each Drawing prize represents that prize donor's good faith determination of the suggested value thereof and such determination is final for all purposes and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of a prize turns out to be less than the stated suggested value, the difference will not be awarded in cash to the prize winner.
- Each person who enters the Drawing according to the terms of these Official Rules will be automatically entered to win:
GRAND PRIZE: Iguana Research Expedition: Exuma Islands, Bahamas trip for two (2). Must travel on the Shedd Aquarium expedition April 6 – 14, 2014.
The total retail value of prize to be awarded is approximately $4,390.00
- The winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Prize Deadline; the drawing will be held at the WTTW Studios on or about February 21, 2014. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of Drawing entrants submitted by the Deadline. WTTW's decision is final in all matters and issues relating to the drawing. Drawing entries are null and void and will be rejected if any part is illegible, mutilated, mechanically reproduced, or forged. Entries are the property of WTTW and will not be returned. WTTW's decision is final with respect to all non-drawing Drawing matters, including the awarding of prizes.
- The winners will be notified by mail, telephone or e-mail as determined by WTTW and required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability/publicity to be returned to WTTW within 14 days of notification. If these forms are not properly returned, a new winner will be selected. In addition, the winner and their guests may be required to sign a release and a waiver of liability for travel alterations, modifications, adjustments, and/or perils encountered in the course of travel. Winner must be able to pass a doctor-approved medical history form. Unclaimed prizes will not be distributed.
- The winner waives the right to assert, as a cost of winning a prize, any and all cost of redemption, delivery or travel to redeem said prize, and any liability which might arise from redeeming, or seeking to redeem and utilize said prize. The prize is neither transferable nor assignable. The value of the non-cash prize is determined solely by the prize donor and such determination is final for all purposes and cannot be appealed. Taxes, if applicable, are the winner's sole responsibility.
- By entering the Drawing, the potential winner releases WTTW, Window to the World Communications, Inc. and its and their respective employees, directors, trustees, agents, successors and assigns including, without limitation, advertising and promotion agencies contributing to this Drawing, from and against any and all liability with respect to participation in the Drawing or the acceptance or use of a prize including, without limitation, any injury, loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind, (including without limitation, property damage, personal injury, death and attorneys' fees) and acknowledges that said parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, regarding any prize's quality, mechanical condition or fitness. WTTW is not responsible for malfunction, fit, availability, delays or damage in delivery of prizes. If a listed prize is not available, substitution is at Sponsor's discretion, but will be of equal or greater value. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness for publicity/advertising purposes by WTTW without notice, approval, review or additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter invented throughout the universe. After accepting a prize per these Official Rules, the winner cannot return the prize to WTTW after that thirty (30) day period following the date of the mailing of the prize certificate to the winner.
- The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. If for any reason this Drawing is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Drawing, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Drawing. Should this Drawing be terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the action requiring such termination. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with the e-mail address in question. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS Drawing IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- The Drawing winners' names can be obtained after February 21, 2014 by sending a stamped self-addressed business envelope to the address below. Limit: one (1) winner's list request per household.
Viewer’s Choice Awards Drawing Winner's List
WTTW Channel 11
5400 N. Saint Louis Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60625-4698